8.09.2007

Here I go again

A few months ago I dedicated myself to blogging more... Yeah it looks like that didn't happen. Of course when I did that I thought that I'd be in Iraq in a couple of days. That didn'thappen either, which probably led to the other thing not happening. Do you want to hear the story? I thought you might.

It was a dark and rainy night, the wind was coming from the north, which is never a good omen. In my bed room the bags were being packed, and I was prepairing myself to travel half way around the world. I went to bed tired, but restlessly tossed and turned thinking about the new experiences that awaited me.

In the wee hours of the A.M. we loaded the kids in the car and drove off toward the airport. Hugs and kisses all around and then I boarded the airplane to El Paso, TX.

OK, I'm already tired of telling this story. Four days and 8 shots later (Ouch!) I was ready to go to Iraq. Yet with less than 24hrs till lift off, my company called me and tole me that my security clearence had not come through. The next day I was on a plane heading back to Dallas and looking for another job.

On the positive side, I am working again, and the position that I have now is not in the desert. I haven't heard a single gun shot, and no body armor is required. All is well...

5 comments:

Janika said...

Here I go again--on my own? Going down the only road I've ever known? When did you get around to doing this?

Kim and family said...

It looked as if someone fell off the blogging bandwagon comlpetely.

Janika said...

Kim, that is funny that you read Mike's blog. I only clicked on it accidentally and found out he had done a posting. Otherwise, I had just given up on seeing new content here.

Yamaha Drummer said...

All you nay sayers need to kiss my grits!

♥Lexi Luee♥ said...

Ok kids stop your fighting... umm did you FORGET to post in your AUGUST blog that it was my birthday that month? Since you didn't post it I WILL!!

HAPPY BDAY 2 ME....BLAH BLAH BLAH! DA DUH DA DUH DUH DUH DUH!!
[[CHA-CHA-CHA]]

Oh ya be jealous!! Oh ya I went there. AND bought property.