12.25.2007

Another one Bites the Dust

As soon as you read that title, I'm sure John Deacon's beautifully crafted bass line ran through your mind. Doo doo dum dum dum, Another one bites the dust. This Christmas was fantastic, the kids have had a great time. No one got everything they wanted (my living room is still missing a 60+ inch big screen TV), the kids got several wonderful presents, and we got a couple of family presents that everyone has enjoyed.

First one was a video game for the Xbox 360 called Rock Band. It comes with a guitar controller, a mic controller, and a drum set controller. Mikey has laid claim to the drum set, and pushed me off to the guitar. Janika can rock the mic like no one else. All said and done, it has been a lot of fun today playing as a family. We also got Harry Potter movies, and Tony Hawk's Proving Ground.

Some kids got electronic gadgets, some got bikes, but all recieved love. As I write this I am sitting in my living room watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The kids are exhausted, and so am I, but it was well worth it.

6 comments:

Janika said...

Apparently I was more exhausted because I couldn't even make it out to the movie. I don't think it was the turkey that made me so tired. Thank you for your loving insistence that we have a great Christmas it was wonderful

Yamaha Drummer said...

For some reason when kids have a fresh batch of toys cleaning up after themselves is the last thing on their minds! LOL! Not that it has ever entered the front of their minds without an adult smacking them on the back of the head.

Maryanne said...

That is cool that your wife even comments on your page. She probally just wanted to read about herself being the best on the mic. Glad to hear that you had a pleasent Christmas.

Yamaha Drummer said...

She can own the mic all she wants, I can play the instruments better than her, or any of the other kids in our house.

Unknown said...

That's why you got the game. . .so the kids could get better at it all right?

Good luch with the upcoming delivery!!! Take good care of my babies and I'll be down there SOON - to hold and spoil them rotten! - - -. . .around the 30th of Jan.

Yamaha Drummer said...

We look forward to having you down here. For some reason, everyone wants to come and see the babies, my Mom is comming down later this week and going to hang out with Janika while I'm in Virginia on business.