8.26.2009

And now it can be told

Yesterday I did my normal reading, checking out interesting news stories and editorials from around the internet. One in particular made me want to drop kick a hamster, but I got over it. Then this morning I read Steven Crowder's indictment of Hollywood's leading Beta males and it all came back to me.

Let me start off by saying that I don't have a problem with people creating their own wedding traditions. I also don't have an issue with people deciding to do away with formal proposals (I've never made one). I do have a problem with people acting like they are somehow wiser than all of us lemmings for having done it the way they wanted to.

I see modern feminism as one of the most damaging institutions to our families and women. Yep, you heard me correct, OUR women. You can't get mad at that right? After all Hillary Clinton wrote a book called It Takes a Village, so we are one big tribe! While I take exception to her message I agree that we should take care of our own. That includes the next generation of women.

Let's start this conversation by defining what feminism is (you noticed the small "f" right?), and what modern Feminism is (capital "F" now). The traditional feminism acknowledges the difference between the sexes, and understands that the different sexes have different inherent attributes. Men tend to be physically stronger than women, and women tend to be more compassionate than men. No men can give birth, and no women can get pregnant without a man. Generally men make better firefighters, and women make better mothers. There are exceptions, and since we live in a free society those exceptions usually are able to work through the natural cycle.

Modern Feminism teaches that men and women are the same. The only difference is genitalia. Only a moron can believe this, bless their hearts. If you have children you have no doubt noticed that boys gravitate to more masculine, and girls to more feminine, toys. One of the famous quotes of the new feminists was "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle." Of course if you are like me and believe that the human race needs to continue on, then a woman needs a man, if just for simple pro-creation. If you believe that a healthy family unit is important to society, then you will believe that a man needs a woman, just as a woman needs a man.

We have taught a generation of women that they will only get ahead if they behave like men. In return we have ended up with women who have buried natural instincts in favor of outward actions that convey more machismo.

Let me be very clear, women are our moral compass. Men if left to their most base desires would not be faithful to a woman, and would sow their oats in any way possible. The reason men behave civilized in modern society is because women have expected them to do so. When women stop making it clear that they will not throw sex in for pizza and a movie the behavior of men changes, drastically. I have known, and still know, women who are very free with their most personal gifts. They are constantly being hurt by men who use them for that, and then leave them. Because modern feminism has taught them that they have a right to act like men sexually they have done so, but their natural desire for love, understanding, and commitment has gone un-answered. Even more devastating is that they know they shouldn't feel this way, so they are conflicted at a level that most of us don't understand.

Men face a similar challenge, but have been taught to deal with it in a more productive and dynamic way. Our base instinct tells us to procreate, seeing a desirable woman on the street starts a natural hormonal reaction. However we know what the cost is if we pursue that course. We understand that we have given up the stag life for a more rewarding life with our wife and children. Additionally we understand that if we stray from the life that we have chosen, then we will risk losing what we currently have.

Because of this, weaker men play a mind game with themselves. Using lawyer like reasoning they figure, "If I don't get married, then I can't be un-faithful." Society has shot this down and now expects men to behave well even in dating relationships, but the theory still remains. When a man tells a woman that he doesn't need a piece of paper to legitimize their relationship, what he is really saying is that their relationship doesn't need to be tangible. Ladies, you wouldn't buy a car without getting the title, so why would you give something more precious than any amount of money without getting a contract?

I have three daughters and two step daughters; they scare the crap out of me. I want everything for them, and I hope that they will make wise decisions. My oldest just turned fourteen, and is a beautiful young woman. On top of that she is brilliant, I know that someday I will be paying for an Ivy League education. I also know that no matter what school she goes to she will have professors that attempt to indoctrinate her with leftist and feminist propaganda. With just as much conviction I know that there will be a long line of young men vying for her attention. Some of those young men will be of strong character, and others will not be. If she behaves like a lady and lives up to the standards that she has been taught, then she will end up with the former. However, if she abandons those standards the chances are she will end up with the latter.

Mike

1 comment:

Janika said...

See ladies, even men have the capacity to get it. I am supposed to be writing a paper about equality in education right now, not sexual equality. But there is a plaguing fallacy in our national culture that equal is the ideal. Equal is not fair. Modern concepts of equality (racial, sexual, economic)amount to reducing everyone to the lowest common denominator instead of allowing everyone to elevate themselves to the best part of humanity they are capable of being. Good job, honey.