9.02.2009

Reverse Proxy and Me

I am starting to learn that I am not the big fan on Microsoft that I once was. I still don't think they are the great Satan like most Macophiles do, but am becoming frustrated by the number of security issues that are being discovered, and the patches that are required to fix those issues. Also, I wish that some of additional functionality would be included with different pieces of their software.

Currently I am addressing the lack of Reverse Proxy in IIS 6 (that is Internet Information Server 6 for the uninitiated). It seems like re-directing port 80 hits should be simple, yet it's not. I am going to have to utilize another piece of software, and while there are hundreds of options, it seems to be either open source or $1500 pre-packaged solution. Frustration runs deep in these veins.

Mike

No comments: