5.11.2006

Blah blah blah!



Ok, it's been a while since I updated my blog (not that anyone is reading!) , but that doesn't mean that I haven't been working. Currently I am writing a book, and making some progress. Of course progress is relative, but a good friend of mine has been proof reading for me. The great thing about having a proof reader is they catch things that you miss. The downside is that has meant a lot of re-writes. I've chosen to view that as a good thing. I'm debating posting the first chapter on my blog, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to be that naked right now. On the band front, Dean will be arriving back on the 29th! Hopefully that means we will get to play again. It's been rough not playing, but Steve's cousin stopped by and we jammed with him on bass. His Mom, Lisa, was there too, and she recorded the jam. I am personally in awe of the quality of the recording, both sound and video. If I can figure out how to put that up on here I will, otherwise I will post it to MySpace.

Ok, I haven't really addressed this on my blog yet, so I will put it out there. I've been doing the online dating thing lately, and it has been a positive experience for the most part. Of course only one of the women I met lives within a convenient dating distance. The cool thing is that I have met three different women that are close enough that it would be acceptable. Of course I feel like a sleaze. Some guys can date several different women, deciding later on which one is his best match. I have never been that way. At the same time, I don't want to commit myself to one of them and then have to start over again when the feelings aren't returned. It's a totally different mindset dating with eternity in mind. Trying to concentrate on getting to know a woman is different for me, but it feels really good.

I know what your saying, "Mike, you're a musician! You're not supposed to have these types of feelings floating around!" Sorry to disappoint you, but contrary to what my ex might say, I am not dead inside!

Well, that's enough from me for now. I'll try to post more regularly, but I promise nothing!

No comments: